Across Durham Scouts’ 14 Districts we have just 30 District Night’s Away Advisers and we are running a NAA workshop so that:
- Existing Night’s Away Advisers can attend a NAA workshop (which is required every five years)
- People who are interested in the NAA role can come along and find out more about it
In the morning session (10.30am to 12 noon) we will be reviewing the role of Night’s Away Adviser.
During the afternoon we will be looking at recent changes to Night’s Away rules, reviewing assessment and Nights Away Permit (NAP) renewal best practices, the different responsibilities of the NAA and the DC, looking at sensible (and silly) permit restrictions and considering how we provide advice and encouragement for our leaders to take young people on camps and residentials.
The afternoon will also include plenty of time to review real-life scenarios, answer questions and discuss some of the challenges of using Compass and/or manual permit recording.
- If you are interested in finding our more about the role but aren’t yet sure whether you want to become a NAA, we suggest you come along for the initial session (10.30am to 12 noon) and find out all about the role, training requirements etc (see basic role description here)
- If you are sure that you want to take on the role of NAA (and please check with your DC first, so that you know that they are willing to appoint you) please come for the whole day. This will count as the necessary Module 25 training for the role
- If you are an existing Night’s Away Adviser who needs to complete a five-year update forum/workshop you should plan on attending the whole day (10.30 am to 4pm)
District Commissioners / Deputy District Commissioners or those in other roles responsible for approving Night’s Away Permit recommendations are also welcome.
If you are coming for the whole day please bring a packed lunch (drinks will be provided)
If you need to renew your NAA credentials, would like to take on the role of NAA or would just like to find our more about the role, please use the form below to book a place for the workshop.
If you have any questions please email is on email@example.com
1st Great Lumley Scout Group - HQ