FREE FOR DURHAM CITY DISTRICT LEADERS ONLY…
A weekend of bushcraft activity training for adult leaders who volunteer in Durham City Scouts. Learn about knife skills, modern and primitive fire lighting techniques, plant identification for food and medicine, water filtration methods, shelter building, natural cordage and much more with a qualified bushcraft specialist.
- 9am – Natural cordage, using either nettles. Brambles. Or roots depending on what we find.
- 10:30am – Shelter building with natural materials, suitable shelter for environment. using the natural cordage.
- 1pm – Dinner time.. (bring packed lunch)
- 2pm Brief knife safety. Fire lighting. Modern and primitive techniques. Natural tinder with ferro rod. Along with primitive bow drill using the natural cordage as part of the bow.
- 5pm Tea time. Bring packed lunch
- 6pm – Water filtration. Making a course water filter. Using charcoal from the fire along with other natural materials.
- 7pm – Down time..
- 7:30am – Knife safety and cutting techniques and primitive trapping skills.
- 9:30am – Plant identification for food and medicine early winter.
- 11.00am – Cook up and taste some wild edibles.
- 12:30pm – Finish.
Durham District Campsite - Coalburns